HOME » BALTON UPDATES » CAREERS
Balton CP (Mother company of Balton Uganda) is a British based company with an international presence in over nine Countries in Africa. We specialize in Agriculture, Communication Technology, Electrical Engineering and Project Management. We pride ourselves with over 50 years of working and empowering Africa, coupled with a pioneering spirit for introducing new cutting edge technologies and knowledge.
Balton CP the leading technology solution provider in East Africa is recruiting for a General Manager for Technology in Uganda. We are seeking: a highly competent, proactive, energized, self-driven individual to lead and effectively position our expanding technology solutions portfolio.
General Manager Technology
General Manager Technology will report to the Country General Manager and the Group Senior Consultant for Communication. The ideal candidate will have the mandate of driving and growing annual revenue year on year, strategically positioning our products and services within the respective markets, establishing and maintaining strategic business partnerships with suppliers, customers and other stakeholders whilst ensuring distinct customer satisfaction.
The incumbent shall be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing successful sales and marketing strategies, with clear sales plans and forecasts against set revenue target.
- Undertaking strategic product and pricing strategies that drive long-term market share and profit margins.
- Achieve satisfactory profit ratio and market share in relation to present standards, industry and economic trends.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts against set targets and budgets.
- Develop and justify annual revenue budgets as well as product-specific budgets/projections for new products.
- Provide timely strategic market intelligence feedback on new potential customers, new market opportunities and adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market conditions.
- Monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities and come up with strategies to ensure our business is always competitive and innovative.
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Enhance customer relations with an aim of creating customer attraction, retention, growth and satisfaction.
- Oversee the performance of presale and post-sale activities.
- Monitor and motivate the team performance to ensure that they meet revenue and activity targets by providing all suitable assistance, advice and solutions where possible.
- Provide proactive account management of all accounts and maintain cordial relationships between the customers, partners and other stakeholders.
- Ensure all team members are competent on all company products and services by arranging any product training as required.
- Responsible for recruitment, induction, training, performance management and driving efficiency within the Sales team.
Knowledge, skills and ability required:
- Must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a leadership role, managing sales team within the Information &Technology Industry.
- An undergraduate degree in Information Technology or any other related field.
- Must have experience in at least three of the following fields: Radio Communication, Cyber Security, Project Management, IT infrastructure or Physical Security.
- Good selling, negotiation, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Can - do attitude, high energy and excellent Interpersonal skills.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should send their application and detailed Curriculum vitae, including your qualifications and experience.
The forwarding e-mail and cover letter must clearly indicate the job title on the subject line. Send your application to HR@baltoncp.com by 13th April 2018 before 5:00pm East African time.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.